On Thursday, August 30, the teens will attend a Detroit Lions’ preseason game. We will leave the church at 5:00 PM. Additional details will be announced.
September is Missions Emphasis Month. We will have special speakers each Sunday and other events on Wednesday evenings. Our theme is “Seeking the Lost,” which is taken from Luke 19:10, “For the Son of Man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.” Faith Promise cards will be collected on September 23 to help us determine what more we can do for the worldwide spread of the Gospel.
- Sunday, September 2: Jim & Jenna Wright, Bibles International ~ Bible Translation
- Wednesday, September 5: Praying around the World
- Sunday, September 9: Laura Kuykendall, ABWE ~ Bangladesh
- Wednesday, September 12: Missionary Correspondence Night
- Sunday, September 16: Dr. Patrick Delaney, BWM ~ Field Administrator
- Wednesday, September 19: A Taste of Missions
- Sunday, September 23: Phil & Bethany Herwaldt, BWM ~ Regeneration Reservation in Arizona
- Sunday, September 30: Bob Rutledge, GFA ~ Missionary to the Muslims
Our Ladies’ Bible Study will begin on Tuesday, September 18, at 9:30 AM. The Bible lessons, entitled “Winning the Victory,” will focus on believers’ battles with such things as temptation, worry, doubt, and jealousy; and how the Lord can give victory. Nursery care is provided.
The fall semester of BBI begins Tuesday, September 18. Fifteen classes are being offered. In the lobby there are brochures giving more information about the courses. Please consider enrolling in a class. Online registration is available at BirminghamBibleInstitute.org.
The church has approved some remodeling of 1193 Cedar. If you would like to give toward the project, please use a giving envelope and mark it “Remodel.”
Each Saturday morning at 7:00 AM our men meet for fellowship, a short challenge from the Word of God, and prayer. We encourage men to come on Saturday mornings.
Helen M. is hosting a MUMs (Moms Uplifting Moms) group. Its goal is to reach mothers with school-aged children with the Word of God by assisting with devotions and meeting needs. We hope to encourage moms to share, develop Christian fellowship, and attend church. We meet at Helen’s home in Madison Heights on the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM.